Poet of the Month - C. S. Dorsey
"And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy. Your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions." Joel 2:28

Monday, May 16, 2011

Poet of the Month

Poet of the Month:
Rena Smith



Untitled

Seeing you again brought back memories.
Memories of you and me and how we use to be.
Are history is something that we can't smoother.
Even though your a daddy now and I'm about to become a mother
We always seem to meet and then fade away
Lord knows I wish you were mines to this present day.

-Rena



PAY DAY

It's soon to come. You down and out broke ass a joke and can't afford a coke, pay day is coming..

Don't have no clothes and most of your socks got holes, pay day is coming.

Living with pain that hurts so bad your going insane. Hold on cause pay day is coming.

If one of your best friends trades you in for a man. Pay day is coming.

In love with a man that is no good that get's around the hood. Dont worry because pay day is coming.

PAY DAY the day that karma cash in on everyone.

-Rena



Be The Boss

Trying to survive I keep my head up high. Despite all that is upon my shoulders, It gives me strength and makes me bolder. Trying not to give in to the struggle but I'm hurting so much I gotta hustle. To make ends meat. So me and my family can stand on our feet. Never giving up I wanna be ligit. Asked the government for help but they ain't payin shit. I got a job and I tryed to be true. But the company I work for love there customers and beat there employees until there black and blue. They don't pay a dime only a nickle or two. I ask the lord every night to please help me make it through. I live pay check to pay check with so many cost. Damn I can't wait to start my own company and be the boss.

-Rena


To contact this poet go to lovelyrenalynn@yahoo.com

C.S. Dorsey 2017. Powered by Blogger.

@templatesyard