~~Guest Post~~ Ethos: Morning Star - C. S. Dorsey
"And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy. Your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions." Joel 2:28

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

~~Guest Post~~ Ethos: Morning Star



I am so pleased to have Desiree Finkbeiner author of Ethos: Morning Star stop by for a guest post and excerpt for today.



When a mysterious stranger interrupts Brianna's mundane routine, her eyes are opened to the dark underbelly of reality... immortal rogues, ancient conspiracies, prophetic revelations, savage tribes, mammoth dragonflies...


She's thrust into a race for her life when Kalen, a warrior from Ethos, discovers that she is harboring a secret... a secret that he'd give his life to protect.


There's just one little problem... they are tempted by a forbidden romance, which threatens to compromise a divinely appointed mission. They are faced with a choice... love eternal, or the end of the world...





Overcoming writer's block, Desiree Finkbeiner

We all get it from time to time... writer's block. It affects us all differently, but when it happens, productivity goes out the window. How does it happen and how can you get over it?


I seem to only get writer’s block when I’m not living my life in harmony with my spiritual beliefs. I believe that all creativity is derived from the flow of spiritual energy, which influences our thoughts and actions. If that energy flow is inhibited by poor choices, we become poorly connected to the source. As with electrical wiring, when it becomes corroded, the flow of electricity is inhibited and gadgets malfunction or cease to operate. The human soul operates the same way. If we are not living our lives in harmony with our beliefs, our connection becomes corrupted and the flow of creativity is blocked.


I overcome writer’s block by taking an inventory of how I’m living my life, and seek to change things that are not in harmony with my spiritual progression. Once my priorities are in line and I’ve taken a moment to meditate, to reconnect to the source, the flow of revelation is fluid and the creative process is enhanced.


If you're not really into meditation or prayer, then maybe some yoga or taking a nature walk would help. There's a special connection we as humans have to other life forces, and we can pull strength from the energy that other life forces create. While I prefer to pull my inspiration directly from God, it also helps to be close to his creations. Trees, streams, wildlife, pets etc. Whatever makes you feel good- helping an old lady across the street, smiling at someone who could use a smile, uplifting someone else... service. Those are all things that *give*.


When we are giving and free with our energy, it’s returned to us ten fold- So if you’re feeling uninspired, maybe it's time to do something for someone else, then the inspiration will flow freely because what goes around comes around.

-Excerpt From Ethos: Morning Star by Desiree Finkbeiner

I half expected to see a dignified woman in white, like the one I had seen on the screen at the scan center but what I saw when the blindfold came off was so breath taking that I couldn’t utter a sound. Kalen hadn’t prepared me for the beauty that stood before me. A massive, purple dragonfly queen with crystalline wings of swirling color and large golden-green eyes like gemstones cut into rare jewels. Her body was long and slender; ten or fifteen feet long with smooth legs of black slicked by an iridescent purple sheen over the top. She watched me intently, waiting to judge my reaction. My eyes widened with amazement and my mouth dropped open into a gigantic smile, as big as a child receiving a long awaited surprise.

Where to find Desiree Finkbeiner

http://desireefinkbeiner.blogspot.com/
www.facebook.com/finkartstudio
https://twitter.com/finkart


Where to purchase her book


Amazon purchase link: http://www.amazon.com/Morning-Star-Ethos-ebook/dp/B007PSUV2W/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_1

Thank you Desiree Finkbeiner for stopping by :)
C.S. Dorsey 2017. Powered by Blogger.

@templatesyard