~Guest Post~ Antique Charming by Natalie-Nicole Bates - C. S. Dorsey
"And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy. Your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions." Joel 2:28

Friday, June 22, 2012

~Guest Post~ Antique Charming by Natalie-Nicole Bates


I am happy to have Natalie-Nicole Bates stop by today with a guest post. Please join my in welcoming her :)



Title: Antique Charming

Author: Natalie-Nicole Bates

Genre: Paranormal Romance

The night he came home…forever.

Third-generation funeral director Lizzie Morton is about to have her dream realized. She has purchased the long abandoned Nichols Funeral Home and its upstairs flat, determined to restore the funeral home to its once former glory. But a late night visitor, Adam Nichols, claims the funeral home still belongs to his family. Lizzie scoffs at his odd behaviour and outlandish claims, but when a vintage photograph appears, she soon realizes, to her horror, that Adam Nichols did once own the funeral home—more than one hundred years ago—and now she has allowed this entity to pass into her home.


Author Bio

Natalie-Nicole Bates is a book reviewer and author.

Her passions in life include books and hockey along with Victorian and Edwardian era photography and antique poison bottles. Natalie contributes her uncharacteristic love of hockey to being born in Russia.

She currently resides in the UK where she is working on her next book and adding to her collection of 19th century post-mortem photos.


Inspiration from the Past

By Natalie Nicole Bates

Inspiration can be found anywhere. Music is a great motivator. Newspaper articles can spark an idea. Every author finds her inspiration in a different place.

I am an avid collector of Victorian, Edwardian and some Inter-War-era photography. To me, there is much beauty in these black and white stills. When I began to acquire my photos some time ago, I never thought they would inspire the idea for a story, but this is how my short story, Antique Charming, came to be.

This past spring, I found a photo online that I absolutely fell in love with. A Victorian-era photo of the outside of a funeral home with a very handsome man (most likely one of the owners) standing outside with his hands clasped in front of him. The size of a postcard, but on much thicker stock, the photo is slightly faded, but the detail is still stunning. In the reflection of the glass, you can clearly see a black funeral carriage elaborately tied with ribbons. On the back of the photo, in very elegant script, reads, Week of October-11-1896.

Although the photo was pricy, I splurged and bought it. When I finally had it in my hands, an idea came into my mind.What if a very lovely woman purchases a long abandoned funeral home, determined to restore it to its former glory. And what if this woman is visited one night by the man in the photograph? This was the genesis for Antique Charming. Since writing it, I have come up with new ideas based upon other photos in my collection.

I hope you will enjoy Antique Charming!


Where to fine Natalie Nicole Bates:

Author Website: http://natalienicolebates.blogspot.com

Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/BatesNatalie

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Natalie-Nicole-Bates/352610728138768

Buy from publisher: http://www.bookstogonow.com/antiquecharming.html

Buy on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Antique-Charming-ebook/dp/B005PCL340/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337447680&sr=8-1

Thank you Natalie for stopping by!!

C.S. Dorsey 2017. Powered by Blogger.

@templatesyard