~Guest Post~ The Carny by Brooke Moss - C. S. Dorsey
"And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy. Your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions." Joel 2:28

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

~Guest Post~ The Carny by Brooke Moss

Author Brooke Moss stop by to take over my blog for the day. Please help me in welcoming her!!


Why Contemporary? 
By Brooke Moss

    Hi, and thanks for hosting me on the CS Dorsey blog today! I’m so excited to be here, and to tell your readers about my latest release, The Carny.

    As an author, I get asked—often—why I write contemporary romance. I suppose it’s because when you are writing a book about people and places that don’t really exist, it’s okay to create worlds, powers, creatures, and scenarios that couldn’t really happen in the world we live in. It is tempting to give my characters a dose of paranormal here and there, and believe me, I’m tempted. But I also enjoy writing about the typical world of contemporary romance.

    There is a running theme with humans. Love. The love of a parent to a child, love between adults, love between siblings or best friends, love of a pet…there are all sorts of different kinds of love. But when I write contemporary romance, I get to explore my favorite kind of love: the love between a man and a woman.

    Look around you. Your neighbors, your grocer, your kid’s teacher, and your own best friend…everyone has had love in their life before. Whether it is realized, or indulged in from afar, every person feels love at some point in their life. And that’s what contemporary romance celebrates. Love between two people that can really exist…whether it’s on the pages, or happening right next door. Contemporary romance could happen anywhere. No magic, no fairies, no dragons…just two people who love each other, and are fumbling their way through life like the rest of us. That’s the kind of love I enjoy exploring in my contemporary romances.

    Want to know about my latest release, The Carny? This is what it is all about…

    “At a town fair on the coast of Oregon, handsome Native American carny, Vincent Youngblood, bestows an unforgettable kiss on shy, awkward teenager, Charlotte Davenport. Then he disappears without another word, leaving her baffled and enamored. Ten years later, Charlotte is still living in the small fishing town of Astoria, while being trained to--reluctantly--take over for her philandering hotelier father when he retires. After all, who else will do it? Her two perfect sisters are busy being married to their flawless husbands and having cookie cutter children, while Charlotte remains single, childless, and every bit as mousy as she was a decade ago. As Charlotte struggles to climb out from underneath her judgmental parents thumb, the carnival rolls back into town, and Charlotte finds herself face to face with Vin again. He's back to run his father's carnival, walking away from a promising career in medicine he started in Chicago. Will her biased and judgmental family accept her relationship with a man who is not only a Native American, but works as a carny for a living? And what unsavory secrets bind the well-educated and seemingly superlative Vin to that ramshackle carnival?

    After all, you can’t judge a carny by its cover.” Again, thanks for having me on the blog today. If your readers would like to grab a copy of The Carny, here is where they can get it: www.inkspellpublishing.com. And here’s a little more about me:

    “Brooke Moss is the name, contemporary romance, fantasy YA, and women's fiction are the game. Brooke writes complex, character-driven stories about kismet, reunited lovers, first love, and the kind of romance that we should all have the chance at finding. She prefers her stories laced with some humor just for fun, and enough drama to keep her readers flipping the pages, and begging for more!When Brooke isn't spinning tales, she spends her time drawing/cartooning, reading, watching movies then comparing them to books, and, of course, wrangling four kids, one hubby she lovingly refers to as her "nerd", and attempting to conquer the Mount Everest of laundry that is the bane of her existence.” Find Brooke elsewhere on the web here: www.brookemoss.com

C.S. Dorsey 2017. Powered by Blogger.

@templatesyard