~Guest Post~ The Wire by Natascha Scrivener - C. S. Dorsey
"And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy. Your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions." Joel 2:28

Monday, July 30, 2012

~Guest Post~ The Wire by Natascha Scrivener


\

THE FUTURE.

On the night of the power collapse that left Old Town in darkness, Reason Goodwin’s father returned from a day’s work at GAME-corp. with their latest creation, the Dream Theatre– a games machine to eclipse all others – a games machine that would bring dreams to life.

But the power surge severs the link between the dream state and reality, and Reason’s father returns to reality changed. He mutters of a world captured by GAME-corp. called Albia, and of game players from Earth unknowingly crossing between the two worlds via The Wire, their avatars playing out their fantasies and destroying Albia.

Now people are dying as Albia fights back, and it is Reason’s mission to save her father, Albia, and the very future of Earth itself.


I am please to have Natascha Scrivener stop by and do a interview with me today.





What inspired you to write your book?

The Wire started out as a 500 word piece of flash fiction which I wrote for a story competition that my mum found advertised in the local library. I sent it off and never heard anything back! So that was what sparked the initial idea for it. The theme we had to work to was 'WIRE', hence the name.

I suppose some of the inspiration for the actual book also comes from being in the same room when my husband is playing Playstation 3 games, it's hard not to get drawn into the stories of some of them.

Do you have a specific writing style?

Probably. Although I'm not sure I could describe it? I do like to invoke as many of the senses as possible in my writing. I've never written in this genre before so my writing style could be completely different from when I write poetry or other works of fiction, but I would say as a general rule you would probably be able to guess that I'd written a piece of work (and you'd read something I'd written before) if it had no name on. I would like to think so anyway!

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book? 

I wouldn't dare! I would probably end up doing another re-write...

Do you recall how your interest in writing originated? 

I've been writing since I was a child, and my Mum writes too. I remember when I went away for a week in primary school on a trip she sent me a letter every day with a new story in it about my cat, Squirrel. I think her encouragement to be creative was what originally inspired me to start writing.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?

I can share my blurb! Until Saturday 21st everything else is top secret... THE FUTURE.

On the night of the power collapse that left Old Town in darkness, Reason Goodwin’s father returned from a day’s work at GAME-corp. with their latest creation, the Dream Theatre– a games machine to eclipse all others – a games machine that would bring dreams to life.

But the power surge severs the link between the dream state and reality, and Reason’s father returns to reality changed. He mutters of a world captured by GAME-corp. called Albia, and of game players from Earth unknowingly crossing between the two worlds via The Wire, their avatars playing out their fantasies and destroying Albia.

Now people are dying as Albia fights back, and it is Reason’s mission to save her father, Albia, and the very future of Earth itself.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I have many! To pick one would be impossible. But my favourites would have to be Virginia Woolf, Joanne Harris and Peter Hedges. They all write exceedingly well about people, they study them and bring them to life in a way no other authors do. I'd thoroughly recommend reading 'Mrs Dalloway', 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape' or 'Chocolat'.

Who designed the covers?

I did, with my pregnancy hormones at the moment it's not fair to put that on some poor unsuspecting artist!

What was the hardest part of writing your book?

Finding the time to write it (I have a 1 year old and a baby on the way) other than that the writing process was surprisingly easy and uneventful for a genre that I've never written in before!

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Join Twitter! Seriously, if you're like me and hardly anyone you know in 'real life' 'gets' what you do or why you do it, then join Twitter. There are so many writers on there and it's brilliant for networking.

Where to find Natascha:

Website: www.nataschascrivener.webs.com
Twitter: @Someofherparts
Blog: www.http://nataschascrivenerauthor.blogspot.co.uk/
Facebook Page:http://www.facebook.com/thewiresearchingforreason The Smasbook page will be up on Saturday 21st!
C.S. Dorsey 2017. Powered by Blogger.

@templatesyard