~Guest Post~ Order of the Dimensions by Irene Helenowski - C. S. Dorsey
"And it shall come to pass afterward that I will pour out My spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy. Your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions." Joel 2:28

Thursday, November 1, 2012

~Guest Post~ Order of the Dimensions by Irene Helenowski





When Jane Kremowski first began her graduate studies in physics at Madison State University in Wisconsin, little did she know where her work would take her. Now, she is embroiled in a multitude of dimensions all leading to different outcomes. She and her colleagues therefore must act wisely in order to take and keep away the Order of Dimension from falling into the wrong hands for the sake of her loved ones.







Interview with Author Irene Helenowski



What inspired you to write your first book?

After finishing grad school, I felt at a loss about what to do next.  Then I started learning about the multiverse theory and was fascinated about how we could be living different lives in different dimensions.  And that led me to writing a story about it.

Do you have a specific writing style?

Not really; I just write what I feel and edit later.

How did you come up with the title?

The Order is a sinister organization in the book, much like the New World Order as cited in many conspiracy theories, and the dimensions refer to the parallel universes.  So I just decided to combine both terms in the title.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

I guess that, as in most science fiction books, there is a message about being careful with scientific advances and not letting them fall into the wrong hands.

How much of the book is realistic?

As of now, inter-dimensional travel is impossible and may never be possible.  But I think that it's always interesting to think about the possibility of a parallel universe and our lives could be different there if we indeed exist there.

Are experiences based on someone you know, or events in your own life?

There are a few instances about my life that I wrote up, albeit I exaggerated a bit for dramatic effect.  I just also want to point out that the protagonist is modeled after my niece who also wishes to pursue graduate studies in physics.

What books have most influenced your life most?

Too many to list!  I don't know if I would say they influenced my life but I felt a special connection to works written by Jack London, Joseph Conrad, and Charles Dickens.  In terms of influencing my book, I guess that writing about love triangle between Jane, Randy, and Anton might have been slightly influenced by the triangle presented in With Fire and Sword by Henryk Sienkiewicz.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

I like the writings of Michael Crichton and how he incorporated technical science into his storylines.

What book are you reading now?

So far, I'm getting into Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling.

To connect with Irene Helenowski like her Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/OrderofTheDimensions

Order of Dimensions is now on Amazon
C.S. Dorsey 2017. Powered by Blogger.

@templatesyard